Common Admission Test(CAT)
Table of Contents
The Common Admission Test is a computer based test held in India.
CAT syllabus has been designed to assess the prospective admission-seekers’ suitability for MBA education.
The test scores a candidate on the bases of Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
There are some other topics in CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Syllabus which you cover.
CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- Caselets, Tables, Bar Graphs, Column Graphs, Line Charts, Venn Diagrams, Pie Charts, Combination of two or more types linked to each other
- Games & Tournaments, Number and Letter Series, Calendars; Cubes, Clocks, Venn Diagrams, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement; Syllogism; Logical Matching; Logical Sequence; Logical Connectives; Blood Relations.
CAT Quantitative Ability Syllabus
- Number Systems; LCM and HCF; Profit, Loss and Discount; Percentages; Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Simple and Compound Interest ; Ratio and Proportion; Averages; Quadratic Equations; Linear Equations; Complex Numbers; Logarithm; Binomial Theorem; Sequences and Series; Surds and Indices; Inequalities; Probability; Permutation and Combination; Set Theory; Functions; Geometry; Mixtures and Alligations; Trigonometry; Coordinate Geometry; and Mensuration.
The important topics that have appeared in the last few years are:
- Critical Reasoning
- Paragraph Completion
- Grammar & Usage (including questions based on common Grammar errors, Confusing Words, & Phrasal Verbs)
- Vocabulary based questions (mainly Fill in the blanks).
- Vocabulary Topics: Synonym-Antonym based questions, Cloze Passage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, Meaning-Usage Match, Idioms and Phrases, Secondary Shades of Meaning, Usage, Associated words, Antonyms, etc.
- Verbal Reasoning: Fact-Inference-Judgement
- Grammar: Sentence Correction