Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on Mock4exam.org, and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
1. Which of the following countries will host the 2018 AFC U-19 Championship?
b) South Korea
2. Renowned politician N Dharam Singh recently passed away in Bengaluru. He had served as the Chief Minister of which of the following states?
d) Himachal Pradesh
3. The Codex Alimentarius Commission recently adopted three Codex standards for three spices. Which of the following is NOT included in the list?
a) Black Pepper
4. A group of scientists recently discovered a new species of glow-in-the-dark shark in which of the following oceans?
a) Indian Ocean
b) Atlantic Ocean
c) Arctic Ocean
d) Pacific Ocean
5. The count of tigers in Uttarakhand rose to 242 with an increase of 63 big cats in the year 2017. With this, Uttarakhand became second highest in India in terms of tiger count. Which state stands on the top position in terms of tiger count?
b) West Bengal
d) Andhra Pradesh
6. Nitish Kumar on 27 July 2017 took oath as Chief Minister of Bihar with the support of this party
7. Nitish Kumar has resigned as the Chief Minister of Bihar by submitting his resignation to the Governor of the state. Who is the governor of the state?
a) Ram Naik
b) Keshri Nath Tripathi
c) Balram Das Tandon
d) Mridula Sinha
8. The Sri Lankan Cabinet recently revised the agreement for Hambantota Port built by which country?
b) United States
9. Which country’s President has banned transgender individuals from serving in the military?
d) The United States
10. The Indian Parliament passed Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017 on 26 July 2017. The bill empowers the centre to collect statistical data from which state?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
11. Which former Indian tennis player will be leading the new Centre of Excellence that is going to come up at the Delhi Lawn Tennis Association?
a) Prakash Amritraj
b) Somdev Devvarman
c) Vijay Amritraj
d) Mahesh Bhupathi
12. The AAI has signed a deal to help which state develop its civil aviation sector?
d) Himachal Pradesh
13. Which Indian state has successfully brought down child trafficking rate from 40 percent to 5 percent?
c) Uttar Pradesh
14. The Union Cabinet has approved revision of guidelines of Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme with a view to achieve its intended objectives. In this regard, consider the following statements.
I. The investment limit per fiscal year has been increased to 6 kg for individuals, 14 Kg for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) and 20 Kg for Trusts and similar entities notified by the Government from time to time.
II. The ceiling will be counted on financial year basis and will include the Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) purchased during the trading in the secondary market.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
15. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the new wage code bill on 26 July 2017.
I. The new bill seeks to empower the Centre to set a minimum wage across all sectors in the country
II. The new minimum wage norms would be applicable for all workers irrespective of their pay.
III. The bill would ensure a universal minimum wage for all industries and workers excluding those getting paid higher than Rs 18,000 per month.
Which among the above statements is true?
a) All of the above
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) None of the above
4.(d) Pacific Ocean
7.(b) Keshri Nath Tripathi
9.(d) The United States of America
10.(a) Jammu and Kashmir
11.(b) Somdev Devvarman
14.(b) Only II
15.(b) Only I and II