Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on Mock4exam.org, and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
(1). Jerry Lewis, legendary actor, comedian and director, has died aged 91
• Famed comedian, actor and legendary entertainer Jerry Lewis passed away
(2). Lucknow Metro gets safety clearance
• The Com-missioner for Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) accorded clearance for commercial operation of the first phase of Lucknow Metro between Transport Nagar and Charbagh (8.50 km).
• India got its first metro in 1984.
• In India currently metro runs only in eight cities — Delhi(217 km), Bengaluru (42.30km), Kolkata (27.39 km), Chennai (27.36 km), Jaipur (9 km), Kochi (13.30 km), Mumbai Metro Line 1 (11.40km), Mumbai Mono Rail Phase 1 (9 km) and Gurugram Rapid Metro (11.60 km).
• the Union Cabinet announced a new Metro Rail Policy making private investments mandatory.
(3). World-Class Cricket Stadium unveiled at Narsinghgarh in Tripura.
• Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar unveiled the foundation stone for a world-class cricket stadium at Narsinghgarh in Agartala.
• Tripura Cricket Association (TCA) to build the stadium at a cost of ₹200 crore.
• Capital Of Tripura – Agartala.
• Governor – Tathagata Roy
• Famous Dance – Goria Dance
(4). Ghantasala to get 70-ft Buddha statue
• The decks have been cleared for a Rs 1.5 crore project to develop Ghantasala village in the Krishna district as a major Buddhist tourist destination in the State.
• A two-storied structure in Buddhist architecture, resembling a pedestal, with a 100-ft wide and 70-ft high Buddha in the Mahaparinirvana posture.
(5). SBI, PNB account for 40% of bad loans
• The country’s largest lender State Bank of India accounts for over 27% of the total amount owed to public sector banks by wilful defaulters. As many as 1,762 wilful defaulters owed Rs 25,104
crore to SBI as on March 31, putting pressure on its balance sheet.
• Punjab National Bank (PNB) is next on the list with 1,120 wilful defaulters having outstanding non-performing assets of Rs 12,278 crore.
• Together these two banks account for Rs 37,382 crore or 40% of the total outstanding loans.