What is a Projectile? What is Projectile Motion and what are different equations used in projectile motion?
A particle moving under the combined effect of vertical and horizontal forces, is called a projectile.
The following terms are commonly used in projectiles:
1. Trajectory :- It is the path traced by a projectile in the space.
2. Velocity of projection :- It is the velocity with which a projectile is projected.
3. Angle of projection :- It is the angle,with the horizontal,at which the projectile is projected.
4. Time of flight :- It is the total time taken by a projectile, to reach maximum height and to return back to the ground.
5. Range :- It is the distance between the point of projection and the point where the projectile strikes the ground.